Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wide leg jeans are back - here is my favorite style: the Marrakesh by MIH

The Umbrella Revolution has stopped Hong Kong in its tracks - but I am not complaining. Well that may not be entirely true - I did complain a few times sitting in monster traffic jams on the few roads that are open. But the fact is, this student protest has made me feel even more connected to Hong Kong, and even more sure that this city is a good place to raise my children. The students of Hong Kong are lovely young people, with impeccable manners and the kind of bravery our spoilt Western offspring could learn a lot from.

As the city is hesitantly returning to business as usual there is now a distinct autumn freshness in the evening air, and I am slowly bringing out my lightweight jackets and trousers.

Wide leg jeans by MIH
T-shirt Gap
Jacket in clashing Harris Tweed and silk - my own design (says she as Coco turns in her grave)


The very best wide leg jeans (says the girl with the Chanel fetish) are the mid-rise Marrakesh by MIH Jeans from London (find them HERE). The flare is not too exaggerated but not too shy - and they look good on everyone. When you wear them with the hem almost touching the floor over high heels, they make any leg look long and lean. I have had mine for years - come to think of it, they may actually have been a good investment.

Louis Vuitton Spring Summer 2015 - these raw jeans are slightly more boxy - I will stick with the flattering legs of my MIHs, but I am grateful to Nicholas Ghesquiere for the sentiment.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look stunning in this wide leg jeans What a lovely blog! you looks are truly beautiful! You’ve given me lots of inspiration here. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete