Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Lunch at Cipriani in my new Liberty print J.Crew skirt




During lunch at Cipriani I am immediately eyeing my friend's new Hermès bracelet.


Pretty decent day in Hong Kong although the ICC building barely peeks out above the clouds on the left.


I am wearing a new J.Crew skirt (find it HERE). The colors are much prettier in real life than on the J.Crew website.


Inside the turquoise bathroom just around the corner from a random picture of Bill Clinton, I am trying for a mirror selfie which never looks a whole lot like me. 

If the selfie looks nice I guess I shouldn't really care about that. But I feel catholic guilt, embarrassment and all sorts of general neurosis about putting myself on this blog.

Despite all that, I am quite pleased with my hair.

FIRST time ever I convinced a hairdresser to cut it straight off, no layers whatsoever. 
Every hairdresser I have ever seen in the past argued that I needed layers.
But not Minna.
She is also not at all concerned when I tell her I don't want the highlights to be natural, I just want them really light and bright.



Zara slingbacks (HERE)


The skirt has an elasticated waist in the back, and pleats in the front. It also has a self belt on the front which I cut off immediately. I don't have the kind of little waist needed to wear anything gathered so I have added a wide belt to flatten the volume of the skirt. The belt is old from Phillip Lim.


My other lunch companion wears a delicately stamped jade bracelet. 
Jade jewelry is everywhere in Hong Kong - I think it represents purity and grace, and is often passed down from mothers to daughters. This one is super lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment